Regardless of the type of Checking Account you choose, you will have available to you the following features:
- Free VISA Debit Card
- Pre-authorized automatic drafts
- 24 hour account access through Web Account Access, our online banking system, and PowerLine Teller, our telephone teller system
- Free E-Statements and Free Bill Pay
- Unlimited Surcharge-Free use of the two Credit Union-owned ATMs, located at the Douglasville Branch and the Carroll EMC Headquarters
- ATM services via CU24, CUHERE, STAR, MoneyPass and CIRRUS systems
- Overdraft protection
- No per check charges
- Direct deposit
- Duplicate check styles
Our Free Checking Account is just that: FREE. There are no minimum balances and no hidden fees. There is a one-time minimum deposit of $100 required to open the account.
Our Dividend Checking Account pays account holders competitive dividend rates. Account holders must maintain a $500 Average Daily Balance in order to avoid a $5 monthly account fee.
Our newest checking account rewards members who are actively using electronic services such as online banking and E-Statements with a shockingly high dividend rate of 3.00% APY.
Spark Checking is available to members who:
*APY Annual Percentage Yield Rates effective 6/1/2013. Rates subject to change. 3.00% APY earned on the first $1,000 in account. Account balances over $1,000 will earn the standard checking account rate, currently 0.15% APY. Minimum opening deposit is $100. In order to qualify, account holder must have a minimum monthly direct deposit of $700 per month, enroll in Web Account Access and E-Statements, use their GEMC FCU debit card at least one time per month, and write no more than 10 checks per month. If account holder fails to meet the requirements of the account a $10 monthly fee will be assessed. Fees could reduce the earnings on the account.
- Have a minimum monthly direct deposit of $700
- Enroll in Web Account Access (Online Banking)
- Receive statement electronically (E-Statements)
- Write no more than 10 checks per month
- Have an active VISA Debit Card.
The GEMC FCU Visa Debit Card is a free product available to all GEMC FCU Checking Account holders. Transactions are deducted directly from your checking account, and you can use the card everywhere Visa Debit is accepted.
Debit vs. Credit at Checkout? Use the "debit" option and enter your PIN if you would like cash back. This option allows you to avoid an additional trip to the ATM, and some fees that you may incur. For all other purchases, we recommend the "Credit" option. There are no monthly limits or surcharges on these "point of sale" transactions.
Overdraft Protection helps avoid the embarrassment and additional merchant fees that a returned check could cause. If your checking account does not have sufficient funds, GEMC FCU may transfer the funds from your savings account to cover the difference.
Current Rates and Fee Schedule